Learning Design Community
Faculties at UQ have appointed positions to provide, or support, effective design and implementation of technology enhanced learning at a local level. ITaLI has appointed a group of learning designers to support academic staff across the University.
ITaLI has appointed a group of learning designers to support academic staff across the University.
These diverse roles play an important part in implementing UQ’s strategic goals to:
- provide an enriching teaching and learning environment where students are at the heart of what we do, and
- be recognized as a national leader in innovative online learning to enhance the student experience and the quality of our teaching.
This informal community supports and enhances technology-enhanced learning through collaboration and communication across the University and provides a forum to discuss opportunities and concerns to be raised with the TELSC.
- Faculty and School Learning Designers, Educational Designers, and eLearning Coordinators
- ITaLI Learning Designers
- ITS Representative
- ITS eLearning Trainer
- Library Representative
- Other personnel with an interest/involvement in eLearning on invitation as appropriate (please contact the Secretary for more information).
Terms of Reference
- Identify opportunities to address the effective pedagogical application of technologies to support faculty and institutional teaching and learning related to faculty priorities.
- Support communication about such activities between group members.
- Support the sharing of pedagogical practice and resources between group members, and wider dissemination across the University.
- Identify common or recurring issues and opportunities.
- Provide professional development for participants.
Monthly meetings are facilitated by Dom McGrath in the Institute for Teaching and Learning Innovation.