Technology-Enhanced Learning Sub-Committee
Technology-Enhanced Learning Sub-Committee advises and makes recommendationsto the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) and the Teaching and Learning Committee on such matters as:
- institutional strategies to enhance teaching and learning through the use of technologies;
- the implementation of the Strategic Blueprint for Support of Technology-Enhanced Learning;
- fostering operational relationships in relation to technology-enhanced learning; and
- the adoption of technology-enhanced learning to the Schools and Faculties.
- Reporting to: Teaching and Learning Committee
- Contact: email@example.com
- Version (effective date): 13 April 2016
- eLearning Operational Forum
- Learning Design Community
- Quorum: five
- Notes: previously known as eLearning Sub-Committee (2007—2011) and eLearning Strategy Committee (2011—2013).
Terms of Reference
The Technology-Enhanced Learning Sub-Committee (TELSC) will advise and make recommendations in support of the UQ Strategic Plan and the Student Strategy to the Teaching and Learning Committee (TLC) and, when appropriate, to the Student Experience Committee (SEC) or ESS Learning Committee, on:
- pedagogical strategies, objectives, policies and standards to enhance teaching and learning through the use of technologies;
- the implementation of the Strategic Blueprint for Support of Technology-Enhanced Learning, including expenditure;
- the allocation of Teaching Innovation Grants (TIG); and
- matters referred to it from the TLC, SEC or ESS Learning Committee.
To do this TELSC will:
- ensure the effective engagement of Schools, Faculties and Central Services in technology-enhanced learning;
- be informed by reports from eLearning Operational Forum and Learning Design Community;
- oversee the progress of projects funded by the eLearning Blueprint Service Enhancement Program and projects referred to it by the TLC, SEC or ESS Learning Committee;
- identify and forward projects of interest to TLC and SEC; and
- be informed by reports from UQx.
- Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Teaching and Learning) (Chair)
- Professor of Learning Futures
- One Educational Designer appointed by the Associate Deans (Academic)
- Academic Registrar or nominee
- Director, Information Technology Services (ITS) or nominee
- University Librarian or nominee
- One Associate Dean (Academic) or nominee from each faculty
- One student nominated by The University of Queensland Union
- Chair, eLearning Operational Forum
- Chair, Learning Design Community
The TELSC will co-opt members with particular expertise in technology-enhanced learning from time to time as required
- From time to time, the TELSC may constitute a sub-group to address particular strategic objectives.
- The term of the Educational Designer is two years.
Planning and Review
The TELSC should set annual goals for its operations. A review report should be submitted annually to the TLC that addresses performance against annual goals, each term of reference, as well as reporting on the attendance record of members.